Over 95% of traffic accidents are caused by driver error, with statistics showing that drivers of company vehicles are 49% more likely to be involved in accidents than other drivers.
Health and Safety legislation applies to all ‘on-the-road’ work activities and so employers are required to effectively manage these activities and risks within their health and safety system, with the Department for Transport advising that employers should provide a Driver Assessment and Training programme to ensure compliance.
With over 20 years experience in Driver Safety Consultancy and Training, Independent Safety Services Limited has a proven track record in reducing both the frequency and cost of claims. Our national network of experienced Driver Safety Consultants delivers a range of training, guidance, support and auditing services, tailoring programmes to meet each individual company’s needs. Our services include:
- Defensive Driving Courses
- Driver Assessments (overt/covert)
- Driver Safety Training (all types of vehicle)
- Driving Assessor and Instructor courses
- Personal Safety Courses (for vulnerable drivers)
- Fleet Risk Management (Safety Management System)
- Driver CPC Training (Bus & Truck)
- On-line Driver Safety / Risk Assesment packages
These services are delivered by our team of Advanced Driving Instructors, whose qualifications include:
- ROSPA Diploma in Advanced Driving Instruction
- Ex UK Police Driving School Instructor
- Driving Standards Agency registered Large Goods Vehicle Driving Instructor
- Driving Standards Agency Approved Driving Instructor
- Ex UK Police Advanced Motorcycle Instructor
Our team leader has also been a finalist on three occasions in the UK ‘Bus Driver of The Year’ competition.